In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to unroot Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Verizon:
Sometime while installing a custom ROM to the android device an error occurs and that is a worst thing happens with android users but the best way to deal with such kind of errors is to flash stock firmware of the device. Fortunately, for users of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) the image of stock firmware is now available easily for unrooting the device to factory settings. In this tutorial, we will describe the entire process of unrooting through step by step procedure for your ease:
This tutorial will definitely work when using Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Verizon. While working of it on others is not yet confirmed. On applying this procedure to another model or device may give some unwanted result. While applying this unrooting procedure we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your device, so continue at your own risk.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged, at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Mp3s contacts etc. It is needed just for the security of data
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- In settings of your phone follows this. Go to Settings à Applicationsà Development & Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- Make sure that KIES must not be running on system as it may resist in flashing your device.
Steps for Unrooting Galaxy Note 2 Verizon-
Download these tools as required for flashing device.
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 2 stock Firmware or ROM
- Download Galaxy Note 2_Stock.
- Then download a Pit file Galaxy Note 2.pit.
Extract the downloaded stock ROM on your desktop and install your device’s USB driver.
You can use 7zip software to unzip downloaded file of extension tar.md5. Actually md5 is an encryption mechanism. Then install USB driver to prevent flashing from failure.
In Odin make sure that the ‘Re-partition’ option should be unchecked, only ‘AUTO-REBOOT & ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes should remain checked. Reboot the device into Download Mode and to do so just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button & the Power ON/OFF button at the same time after switching off your device. Then pass the warning message on the device by simply pressing volume up button.
Connect the device to pc or laptop and a message in log will pop out in Odin window showing device is connected and recognized. After connecting the device load the .tar.md5 file in which stock Rom is loaded. Then click on PDA button and navigate to .tar.md5 directory, select it and load.
Use the option “Stock Firmware” along with Pit files FULL Flash.
Press starts and begins flashing stock ROM and don’t interrupt the phone in between this process till it finish completely, doing that may put your phone into brick situation.
A message will pop out PASS after successful installation of stock ROM in Odin. When the Stock ROM installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” and
Now you are done with all things. For confirmation of successful unroot go to Samsung Galaxy Note 2 settings >>About Phone>>Firmware info.
- Please don’t accept OTA update of Jelly bean 4.1.2 Accepting that may create some problem to your device..
- If your device does not connect with your pc then give a try to another pc. Try to re install USB driver of Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Turn off your Antivirus & Firewall along with all other running programs on pc for making flashing safer.
- If your device does Boot loop or continuously showing Samsung logo then go to recovery mode by pressing volume down button with the home button and the power button simultaneously. Select wipe data/Factory reset then select wipe cache partition, after that reboot the device in normal mode.
Hope this article about How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Verizon helped you.
You Might Also Like This-
- How to get into recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy S3
- How to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus s7500
- How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos